Thursday 19 May 2011

Budd Shepherd 'camping' on a tractor at Stewart Reservoir.

I camped on a tractor for two days at the very scenic Stewart Reservoir located five miles south of Amity, Oregon on highway 99W. The term reservoir is perhaps a stretch as it is more like a large shallow pond. (Although, it is visible from Google Earth! )
I suppose it was not so much camping as sitting on a poorly cushioned tractor seat and driving back and forth over 30 acres whilst attempting to make very straight rows, even though the soil was wet and compacted and I could not see where I had been. Planting sweet corn is not exactly fishing but I did see a Loon and another farmer showed up and did quite about of carping about the field man for the sweet corn company.
I really didn't actually have a camp dinner, but I had several chocolate bars over the course of the day and the farmer I was working for brought me a nice hamburger and a couple bottles of Ale when I was almost finished.
Anyway, I would like to support your new blog and as this is what I do and what I will do every day for the next week here it is.
I've sent a photo of the pond, I mean Reservoir, the oak wood lot, and some Killdeer eggs which I planted around and I'm sure the farmer will wonder why there is a divot in his field.




1 comment: